Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Short Break: Righteousness and Complacency

Lately I have been led to really pursue righteousness for a Christian this might seem pretty self explanatory, but I was surprised at how difficult it is to move out of the complacency in some areas of my life. I realized the things that were keeping me from Christ were not what I was doing, but what I wasn't doing. I wasn't spending enough time with HIm, I wasn't renewing my mind daily, I wasn't focused on HIm. I started thinking about how I would begin a good relationship with someone and realized that I would make room for some one I really cared about, I would go after them and not stop thinking about them. It says in Matthew 5:6, " Blessed are those who pursue righteousness for theirs is the kingdom of God." My prayer right now is that I will have the strength and perseverance to continually pursue something I will never fully grasp in this life.
In Deuteronomy it says to love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. In 1 Timothy it says, "For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." Paul had poured out himself until all that was left was God and His grace. That is all that deserves to control my life. How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment